4 October 2022 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm Online
Tuesday 4th October - Conducting Assessments in Childcare Proceedings: Understanding the wider context
Dr Sam Warner, Chair AoCPP
12.00pm – 1.30pm
In this session, Sam will be arguing for an inclusive evidence-base where values and language matter and are understood to frame assessment and intervention in intra-familial child sexual abuse. Sam will start by providing an overview of key issues in intra-familial child sexual abuse including considering how the silencing tactics of abuse traumatises children and adults. She also outlines key ways children and adults cope with abuse and consider how these coping strategies can impact memory; and she identifies wider developmental, familial and cultural factors which further impact survival and recovery. She will then outline how to conduct assessments with children and adults within families where sexual abuse has occurred. A trauma-based model of assessment and intervention is presented that encompasses abuse, relationships and risk. This trauma-based approach is used to make recommendations for how to work with those that cause harm, those that are harmed and those who may need help and support to protect others from harm.
The learning week is a series of 5 individual events which can be booked separately, or you can book for the whole week at a discounted cost. To book onto the whole week, click here.
Pricing structure- bookings for daily attendance can be made on separate forms
- Members - individual session at £30 each
- Members -Whole week including 7.5 hours non-accredited CPD certificate £120
- Non-Members – individual sessions at £35
- Non-Members whole week - £150
- As a special membership rate to celebrate this learning week, new members can join for £200 and take advantage of the full weeks’ sessions (normal membership is £120 alone)
- For those interested in organisational membership and looking to book tickets for this learning week please contact email@example.com
- Students - individual sessions at £20
- Students whole week - £80
|Non Member - Conducting assessments in childcare proceedings: Understanding the wider context Tuesday 4th October||£35.00|
Add to basket
|Members - Conducting assessments in childcare proceedings: Understanding the wider context Tuesday 4th October||£30.00|
Add to basket
|Student- Conducting assessments in childcare proceedings: Understanding the wider context Tuesday 4th October||£20.00|
Add to basket
The AoCPP reserve the right to cancel any event due to unforeseen circumstances such as changes in Covid restrictions, facilitator illness or insufficient uptake. We advise making bookings for transport and hotels that are refundable as we cannot be held liable for any costs incurred as a result of cancelled events.