The aim of this course is to provide managers with an understanding of their roles and responsibilities when managing staff who have a responsibility for safeguarding children.
- To understand the importance of updating policy, engaging in audit and undertaking training need analysis.
- Be aware of the new Multi-agency Safeguard Arrangements and significant changes outlined in Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018.
- Understand the impact of thresholds on safeguarding activity in agencies and organisations.
- To review the meaning of Contextual Safeguarding and Adverse Childhood Experiences.
- To learn about the prevalence of abuse and the purpose of Joint Strategic Need Assessments.
- The importance of effective Supervision, Management Oversight and Support.
- Understanding Safeguarding Practice and the new process of Child Safeguard Practice Reviews.
- Demonstrate how information sharing is key to safeguarding and the impact of new legislation.
- Understand the escalation process and how to use it to manage disagreements or conflict between organisations.
- Be able to manage allegations against the workforce and identify the local protocol.
- Be able to recognise how agencies must work together to assess, identify review and meet the needs of the children where there are safeguarding concerns.
- Increase awareness around Identifying, managing and defending risk and how this can help when overseeing, supervising and assessing the competency of staff including the importance of reflective supervision.
- To understand what constitutes a complex child abuse investigation and the structures and functions.
Full details here
Discount to AoCPP to attend